For most SEO agencies and client-based search engine optimization professionals, the idea of looking ahead to what Google and Bing and the like have coming in the future is scary. Considering the fact that Google has going through nearly 4 major updates to it’s search engine and SERPs algorithms, the next 12 months might be even more changing.
However, there is hope! If you are a search engine marketer, or are a website or small business owner who needs some SEO foresight, I’m going to look over 8 items that will be changing. We are going to look at changes to SEO, content marketing, links and link building changes in 2014, social media and social signals and a lot more.
Authority in context will be EVERYWHERE in SEO
Of course, this discussion starts with building authority via content. When we talk about building authority in your industry, we used to only talk about content. Then, it grew to context. It also grew to community and industry (meaning, an introduction to social media marketing). However, over the next year, we have more growth that targets keywords, context and relevance…and that’s links!
For a big change one online presence consultant had, check out the Smart Idea Lane‘s look at future link building. This article covers a lot on link building, relevance, context and more in both content, context, social signals and anchor text itself.
Here are the Top 8 Changes to Online Marketing and SEO in 2015:
- Content will be global – content will rank in all languages
- Context will be local – a bigger focus on relevance in local SEO
- Context and Relevance is Queen! – context will be for content, links, anchor text and more
- No longer bad neighborhoods – instead, there will be bad contexts
- Relevancy holds more than 100 facets – relevancy will not be just about a single context or entity
- PageRank will be internal – this means only Google will use the ranking
- Social matters more – social media platforms will matter more to SERPs and search engines
- ‘Marketing’ will no longer be a bad word – marketing will be about reach and community